NOMINEE FOR COMBATING GREY ECONOMY COMMITTEE CHAIR POSITION
TWO YEAR AGENDA PROPOSAL
- Capacity building, coordination and empowerment of authorities relevant for addressing illicit trade of various products on the internet and intellectual property rights (IPR) infringements. This would entail facilitation of more efficient cooperation among Trade Inspectorate, Tax Administration, other relevant product specific inspections, Special Prosecutor for the High-Tech Crime, Ministry of Interior and private sector.
- Organization of the regional conference on grey economy to track the progress of Government’s dedication to the issue, share best practices within the region and raise awareness about different forms and channels of the illicit trade. Conference would gather relevant government stakeholders and would aim to create additional pressure around the topic in order to maintain its positioning high on the agenda of the Serbian Government.
- Amplification of the results of The Economist’s Global Illicit Trade Environment Index – inclusion of Serbia to the list of analyzed countries was supported by the members of the Committee. The results of the research would be used both in direct engagements and towards wider audience to raise awareness of the illicit trade issue, but also as a relevant benchmark for comparison with other markets.
- Further consideration of the legislative impediments that are blocking proper implementation of existing laws in the area of illicit trade and IPR protection.
- Monitoring improvements in the processing of illicit trade cases.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR 2018
- Organized trainings for select inspections for improving their capacity for identification of perpetrators of illicit trade;
- Mapped sequence of procedures that would improve cooperation among inspections on fighting illicit trade over internet and adopted by the WG on Illicit trade;
- Regional conference on grey economy organized in 2018. Relevant government stakeholders participated and related media plan executed.
- The Economist’s Global Illicit Trade Environment Index made known to wider public and important state actors. The Index becomes relevant benchmark in regards to illicit trade issue.